Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

The Astonishing Light

The Astonishing Light   


(a new poem)


I am a devotee
Of sunrise, sunset,
Sunlit flowers and leaves,
And love. But why?
Friend, I want to show you
The astonishing light that
Shines in this world
Of shadows
So you will know
You are never alone
And always
In the presence
Of grace.
I want you to look
In my eyes
And see the reflection
Of your inner light
And fall in love
With your
Exalted self. I want
To awaken you
To illuminated moments
When sunbeams penetrate
Shadow and form
And extend a ramp
To paradise.

—Susan Meyer © 2014


The photographs in this blog (except for those attributed to other owners) and in my Flickr photostream are available for purchase as prints or cards through my Etsy shop by selecting a "custom print" in whatever size you prefer and indicating either the name of the print or the blog post and order in which it appears. 

© Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography, 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all text and photos, without express and written permission from this website’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography (river-bliss.com) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment