Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Through the Lens of Gratitude

This morning before opening my eyes - and while wearing an eye mask to block out the light in hopes of getting a little more sleep - I heard the sound my phone makes when I get an alert and opened my eyes to the most breathtaking sunrise colors I've seen in a long time! I jumped out of bed, raced downstairs, grabbed my camera, jumped into my shoes, and dashed to the dock so I could be surrounded by color - the color in the sky and the colors reflected on the water. The whole time, I whispered, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"


The funny thing is, it turns out my phone didn't actually make the sound in the first place; there were no alerts. And had I stayed in bed even a couple minutes longer, I wouldn't have experienced the colors at their peak. I just love the tangerine glow!

Truth is, I've been doing a lot of scurrying lately - because the colors of the rising and setting sun change so quickly, and I've happened upon some downright spectacular landscapes over the past few days.


The sunrises with the rising mist have certainly been worth getting up for, and I am grateful that - since switching the clocks back from Daylight Saving Time - the sun once again rises before I leave for work, with time to spare.


I'm also able to catch the sunset, usually during a late afternoon walk.


After snapping a few photos, I stand back and pause in awe with a big, grateful smile on my face. Cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg sums it up best:

"I celebrate life each day through the lens of gratitude." 

Speaking of Louie Schwartzberg and gratitude, I want you to know about a wonderfully inspiring, free meditation series, 21 Days of Gratitude, that just started yesterday. (Click on the title to view the link.) Two days into it the series presented by Schwartzberg and Mentors Channel, I am totally loving it. The images presented in the daily videos (which are less than 20 minutes long) are extraordinary and mesmerizing and inspire a deep sense of gratitude and awe. It's not too late to join and experience it for yourself. Louie Schwartzberg is my favorite cinematographer and a kindred spirit for sure. His work was featured in the recent Disneynature video, Wings of Life, and his time-lapse photography of flowers opening and closing is out of this world.

I also want to let you know that, in response to numerous requests, I created a River Bliss Photography 2014 wall calendar that is now available for purchase through my Etsy shop. I spent many focused, joyful hours creating it and selected 14 of the most uplifting, inspiring photos from my collection for the cover and 13 monthly pages (January 2014 through January 2015) so you can celebrate life along with me through my "lens of gratitude" each day.



I am so happy to be able to offer this calendar! Quantity is limited, and the introductory, pre-order offer of $20 per calendar is good through November. On December 1st, the price will go up to $25. All orders are received with a grateful heart and will be packaged with love and care and sent from the riverside to your door.

You can order the River Bliss calendar by clicking HERE.

---------------------------
The photographs in this blog and in my Flickr photostream are available for purchase as prints or cards through my Etsy shop by selecting a "custom print" in whatever size you prefer and indicating either the name of the print or the blog post and order in which it appears. 

 © Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography, 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all text and photos, without express and written permission from this blog’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Susan Meyer and River Bliss Photography (www.riverblissed.blogspot.com) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment