Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Angel Clouds and Synchronicity

A couple days ago, I came across a picture of an angel-shaped cloud above a prayer vigil taking place in Aurora, Colorado following the Dark Knight massacre:


This reminded me of an angelic cloud formation I noticed in the sky two months ago.


That evening, I was floating on the river around sunset thinking about a challenging personal situation and feeling good about how I was able to be a vehicle of love. The sky was very beautiful, and I felt an incredible sense of peace. 

A week earlier, I had a vivid dream that began with the most beautiful sky I had ever seen, with very tiny, angel-shaped clouds moving in a circle. The sky above the river that evening reminded me of the sky in my dream, except for the tiny angel clouds. Shortly after making that association, I noticed a white mist moving rapidly through the other clouds, and then the angelic cloud formation appeared large in the sky in front of me.


My jaw dropped open and must have stayed that way for a couple minutes. I was in awe, gazing at this angel cloud in all its glory. I had never experienced anything like it before. It was numinous.

When I came back inside the house, I felt compelled to take out my 18-year-old deck of Universal Cards. This is a set of 88 cards, all of which contain a word except for five cards that contain the image of an angel. Wouldn't you know, the card I drew was one of the angel cards?


As if that weren't enough, while I was staring at the card, I heard the sound coming from my computer that lets me know I received an e-mail. The subject line was "Meet the 6 Bras Our Angels Can't Live Without."

Apparently the universe has a sense of humor.

The next day, I dropped my son off at his friend's house, and on the way home I was thinking about the angel cloud. Then I turned on the radio in the middle of Pink Floyd's song, "Learn to Fly," which I've probably heard only once or twice in the past 20 years. The line sung within seconds was, "Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies..." (which reminded me of the dream of the tiny angel clouds circling).

I laughed the rest of the way home.

I love synchronicity. When a series of seemingly related events like this occurs, it feels like I am following a trail of breadcrumbs - not knowing where it is leading but feeling certain that I am on the right path. I write about it so I can remember - because in time the details fade away.

Just had to share this story and my angel cloud picture with you since it's been on my mind the past couple days.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

© Susan Meyer and River Bliss, 2012-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, including all photos, without express and written permission from this blog’s author/owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Susan Meyer and River Bliss (www.riverblissed.blogspot.com) with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment